Monday, April 28, 2008

Keeping me happy

Mae puts up with me. She doesn't even complain too much about it, either. But sometimes I have things I want to see.

This time it was the Tower of London.

It is old. So old, in fact, William the Conqueror was still living. He, in fact, built it in 1078. That is 930 years ago. That's old.

Visiting the Tower of London was the one thing I really wanted to do. Of course, that meant we had to find it, and it did take us a while, with me navigating.

The 'Tower' is actually a castle which includes a total 13 towers inside. The original 'tower' is formally named the White Tower. It is actually inside the castle, surrounded by a curtain wall, built by Richard the Lionheart in the 12th century.

The castle is located on the east side of London, just next to Tower Bridge, which you see behind us.

I got my way, getting to visit this castle. I love castles. I should warn Mae that it probably isn't our last one.

Then again, maybe I won't. She might think of a way to get out of it.

No comments: