Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You can learn a lot about yourself...

The thief was slick. He just stood there, lingered - in such an annoying way - I should have realized it.

Then he grabbed it.

In a flash my beautiful camera was gone. I didn't notice it right away, but in a minute or two someone from our group came up to me and asked, "Where is your camera." I thought it was a joke.

It wasn't.

He had seen my camera slide off my knees onto the floor while we ate. He told his wife he should keep his eye on it. I wish he had just come and told me it was on the floor.

Oh well.

The security guard asked some questions. I knew it was my fault, and that they probably wouldn't find the man or the camera, but I answered them. I was just glad that I didn't have anything really important in the case, like money, or my passport.

Well, I did lose my lipstick.

And my pictures. That's why there are no pictures today.

No great loss is without some small gain though.... Mae had told me earlier she hated walking on my left side because that 'big 'ol thing keeps knocking into me." That is no longer a problem. :)

No comments: