Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Popular Cafe



Food. We’ve got to have it. But have you ever noticed how some people think of food a lot more than others?

Our first day in London we went to the ATM. On the way, I said, ‘Hey, we’re really close to the Underground.”

“That’s nice,” said Mae. We kept walking.

The next day, we were on a bus. As we passed a downward staircase, Mae said, “Look, there’s another one of those Underground’s you saw. It's down stairs.”

“Yep,” I said, “they’re everywhere. It’s the most popular public transportation here.”

Mae looked at and started to laugh. Her eyes watered. When she recovered I asked what was so funny.

“I thought that was a food place,” she said, still giggling. “That’s why I thought they were everywhere.”

That night in our room Mae noticed our carpet looked like rows of corn-on-the-cob. I think she has a one-track mind, and told her so.

I wonder what she will ‘see’ tomorrow.

No comments: