Monday, April 28, 2008

Teeth Brigade

I am vain. It's a sad thing to admit.

I hate it when I discover that a piece of food has taken up residency between my teeth and no one has told me. I am not comfortable enough to walk up to a random stranger and ask, “Excuse me, but do I have food in my teeth?”

Nope, not going to happen.

It’s refreshing to find a travel companion as vain as I am. And one who is worried about the same type of thing; her teeth.

Mae scolded me today for not telling her that she had lipstick on her teeth. She said it was my job to tell her because she can’t see it. I agreed on one condition.

We developed a secret signal to notify one another of unwanted teeth ornaments.

Just like misery, vanity also loves (and appreciates) company.

After I took this picture she asked to see it so she could see if she had any food in her teeth. Apparently, she doesn’t trust me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It's nice to have a teeth buddy.

Make sure we get picture of YOU too. I want to see you. :o)